A dog alone at home turns on the stove and lights the house fire after sniffing a frying pan on the hob

0
48

A dog has caused serious damage to its owners’ home after accidentally turning on the stove and starting a fire while sniffing around the hob in a greasy old frying pan.

Video of the accident was shared by the Southern Platte Fire Protection District, of Parkville, in the US state of Missouri, to warn owners of the risks unattended dogs can cause.

The dog is seen sniffing a pan of grease left on the hob while leaning over the stove knobs, accidentally turning the stove on.

He can then be seen jumping off the hob and moving around the kitchen as the pan heats up and the smoke begins to spread upwards.

See also  NS&I boss receives bonus despite customer service mess


Internal security camera video shows smoke slowly building around the dining area

As the dog leaves the kitchen, the pan can be seen catching fire as the fat ignites from the heat.

We can then see the flames spreading in the rest of the room.

Additional video from the internal security camera shows smoke slowly building around the dining area before the stove ignites in a flash.

See also  We Own This City, review: gripping crime drama is a cross between The Wire and The Shield

The dog’s owners were apparently not at home at the time of the fire.

Parkville, Mo. firefighters responded to battle the blaze and rescue two dogs left inside the home after neighbors began spotting smoke billowing from the property.



The Kansas City Fire Department said there were no injuries but the home was badly damaged.
The Kansas City Fire Department said there were no injuries but the home was badly damaged

To stay up to date with all the latest news, be sure to sign up for one of our free newsletters here .

See also  'Injured' Billy Vunipola to unleash England's frustrations on Australia

The Kansas City Fire Department said there were no injuries but the home was badly damaged.

Division chief Chris Denney said: “New devices have been seen with touch controls that activate with the touch of a finger.

“An animal’s paw can also activate these types of commands.

“Please use failsafes if available on devices when not in use and accessible to children and/or pets.”

A report by the National Fire Protection Association found that cooking was the leading cause of home fires (48%) and home fire-related injuries (45%) between 2012 and 2016.

The activity was also listed as the second most common cause of home fire death (21%).

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here