3.3 C
London
Sunday, April 18, 2021

Activation plan launched after 6 deaths in Mfuleni shootings

Must read

UK Time Newshttps://www.uktimenews.com
UK Time News is your daily dose of Latest News, Entertainment, Music, Fashion, Lifestyle, World, Cricket, Sports, Politics, Tech, Business News Website. We provide you with the Latest Breaking News Straight from the UK & all around the World on different categories.

By Okuhle Hlati, Zanele Mvana 49 min ago

Share this article:

Cape Town – Two brothers were among six people killed in various shootings in Mfuleni over the weekend.

The brothers and two patrons were at a local tavern when four gunmen opened fire around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.

A customer who witnessed the shooting said a man entered the tavern and made silly remarks about people in an attempt to provoke them.

“The man was chased away and taken outside. It was discovered that he had a firearm which was confiscated. After that, he was allowed to come in and drink. A few minutes later, he returned with three men demanding his gun. They shot the two deceased brothers. They were apparently related to the owner of the tavern. They proceeded to randomly shoot at the customers. Two people were shot dead, one of them was killed, ”he said.

READ  3 companies have issued work stop orders for `` significant risk '' of combustible dust explosion
READ  Regulator sends warning on Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies in South Africa

The four men returned to the scene later and asked for the weapon again. When informed that it was not there, they allegedly shot another person, said the boss who asked to remain anonymous.

“The man who was shot when the perpetrators returned was a relative of the two brothers who had been killed earlier. He came to the area with other family members from Kraaifontein after hearing about the incident, ”he said.

READ  It's all hazy: China shows Western brands censoring Xinjiang dispute

For fear of reprisals, the family only confirmed that they had lost three of their members.

Hours later, in another incident, two men driving a Toyota Avanza were killed in a hail of bullets in Bosasa.

Community leader Nathi Mgxokwana said, “At around 4 pm, a Toyota Avanza was chased by a private car from Nyanga until it reached the area. The car stopped in front of the Avanza and started shooting at the men. One of them was shot in the head, the other in the chest, and they took off. A few minutes later we saw the car come back and shoot them again in the chest, then they ran away.

READ  Meet the Canadian Millennial Running to Lead the United Nations | UKTN News

Mgxokwana said residents doubted the men who had been killed were from the area.

READ  After being scratched and punctured, the Trump wax figure is removed

Police spokesman Andrè Traut, the suspects of the two incidents had not yet been arrested.

“Detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding separate incidents that led to the deaths of several people in Mfuleni yesterday (Monday). Our 72-hour activation plan was implemented to apprehend those responsible. “

Community security MEC Albert Fritz said he was deeply disturbed by the shootings and welcomed the plan to activate the police.

Fritz said a provincial security plan that includes law enforcement and violence interventions was introduced in hopes of halving the murder rate.

Anyone with information about the shooting can anonymously contact Crime Stop on 0860 010111 or SMS Crime Line on 32211.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Political office

More articles

15,129FansLike
4,596FollowersFollow

Latest article