13.1 C
London
Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Blow as Liverpool say £ 34million signing ‘not an option’

Must read

UK Time Newshttps://www.uktimenews.com
UK Time News is your daily dose of Latest News, Entertainment, Music, Fashion, Lifestyle, World, Cricket, Sports, Politics, Tech, Business News Website. We provide you with the Latest Breaking News Straight from the UK & all around the World on different categories.

RB Leipzig’s sporting director has cast cold water on rumors Ibrahima Konate may leave them for Liverpool.

Reports emerged earlier this week claiming Liverpool were in advanced negotiations for Konate. The Reds have been looking for defensive reinforcements since January and the France youth international could add to their options.

Konate has struggled to play for Leipzig this season due to injury issues. But when in good form, he’s one of the Bundesliga’s most promising center-backs.

READ  NWA World Champion Nick Aldis on if he's interested in appearing on AEW Dynamite | UKTN

It was claimed by Athletic this Liverpool were in talks to sign the player. However, these reports seem broadly valid.

READ  Rodgers cites 'respect' for FA Cup after rating Leicester's success

Indeed, Leipzig manager Markus Krosche has now told Liverpool that Konate has no reason to do so.

“I think this is not an option for Ibu,” Krosche said.

“He has a long contract with us and he knows what we mean to him and what he means to us.

“He was unlucky last year because he had a long term injury, but this year he’s developing well and he’s an extremely important player who has a lot of potential.

“We want to help him develop further, and we play in Europe and have a very good team, so I don’t see a reason for him to leave us.”

READ  "In my eyes, he can have it": Nathan Lyon supports Steve Smith for the Australian harbor master's office | Cricket News

It was believed Liverpool could secure his signature for £ 34million. It seems, however, that they would have to offer a lot more to give Leipzig a decision to make.

Konate has only made nine Bundesliga appearances this season, but the 21-year-old still has a bright future. From now on, it is very likely that his immediate future will remain with Leipzig.

READ  Japan hail 'good news' of Matsuyama Masters win

Konate avoided rumors

The player himself recently issued a blunt response to the transfer discussion.

Currently at the European Under-21 Championships with France, Konate has made it clear that he is not focusing on his club’s future.

READ  NWA World Champion Nick Aldis on if he's interested in appearing on AEW Dynamite | UKTN

“I woke up, saw my phone ringing everywhere,” center-back said The team.

“I just wanted to tell them, ‘Hey, I played yesterday, I’m tired, leave me alone.’

“Frankly, I don’t even watch that. We can’t concentrate on that, there are the Euros and then my return to the club. You have to focus on that and not on the outside things. “

READ MORE: Liverpool prepare £ 15million bid to finally resolve multi-year area of ​​weakness

More articles

15,129FansLike
4,596FollowersFollow

Latest article