Colorado Springs suspect seen surrendering to police after 2021 bomb threat


Footage has surfaced of the suspect in a mass shooting at a Colorado Springs LGBT+ club surrendering to armed police officers after an unrelated 2021 bomb threat incident.

Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, was arrested last June after his mother Laura Voepel called police to report he threatened her with a homemade bomb, according to a statement from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

Mr. Aldrich can be seen on a ring doorbell camera obtained by UKTN walking out of his mother’s house on Pilgrimage Rd with his hands in the air like an armored vehicle and several patrol cars surround the property.

See also  Three children taken by father to Libya in 'flagrant kidnapping', judge says

He was charged with endangerment and kidnapping, according to a statement from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office.

When asked about the allegations, Mr. Vasquez told UKTN that Ms. Voepel had not cooperated with the investigation.

On Monday, Mr Aldrich was arrested on suspicion of five counts of first-degree murder and five counts of bias-motivated crimes causing bodily harm, a Class 5 misdemeanor.

See also  Keir Starmer agrees with 'basic case' for Brexit made by Leave voters

He remains in hospital being treated for injuries sustained when “hero” patrons disarmed him, police say. Five died and dozens more were injured when a suspect burst into Club Q and opened fire.

According to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, Ms. Voepel called authorities to say her son threatened her with a homemade bomb, multiple guns and ammunition.

Deputies found Mr. Anderson in a house about a mile away from Ms. Voepel’s home. They reached him by phone and said he refused to surrender.

See also  Geri Horner's horse stable angers neighbors by 'interfering with telephone signals'

A tactical support unit arrived at the Pilgrimage Rd address and evacuated 10 nearby houses. An emergency message has been sent to homes within 400 yards, the sheriff’s office said.

A live stream filmed by the suspected shooter obtained by UKTN. com shows him threatening to blow up the property if officers try to enter.

The sheriff’s office release states that Mr. Anderson surrendered about 90 minutes after they arrived at the address.

No explosives were found at either home.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here