‘Completely ridiculous’: Family member of 9/11 victim lashes out at Trump comment

0
23

The son of one of the victims of the 9/11 attack has said former President Donald Trump’s statements during the Saudi Arabia-backed LIV Golf event at his New Jersey country club are “utterly ridiculous”.

In an interview on MSNBC with host Katie Phang, Mathew Bocchi — who lost his father in the World Trade Center attack — said he and the families of other victims were “hurt” by Mr. Trump’s comments.

“I never thought I would be in this position,” said Mr Bocchi.

“But the reality is just as good as his statements are completely ridiculous … we are all hurt by them, of course.”

See also  Crisis in Sri Lanka: President Wickremesinghe says government will focus on recovering economy and ending fuel shortage

Mr Trump, who took part in a pro-am event at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster ahead of the main draw that began Friday, infuriated the families of the victims of the 9/11 attack when he said: “No one has got to the bottom of 9/11, unfortunately.”

The former president was asked about planned protests at the event in Bedminster over links between the 9/11 attackers and the Middle East country.

He went on to describe the terrorists behind 9/11 as “maniacs” and called the 2001 attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people, “a terrible thing for our city, for our country, for the world.”

See also  KZN e-hailing driver charged with lying to police, saying he was hijacked and kidnapped

Mr. Bocchi said that not only Mr. Trump, but every presidential administration since 9/11 has failed in their promise to do justice to the victims and their families.

“We continue to hold every presidential government accountable since 9/11,” he said.

“Every government has failed to deliver on their promises to help us bring the Saudis to justice.

“Changes are starting to be made, Biden has kept his promise to us, but more needs to be done.”

While the 9/11 Commission report in 2004 failed to establish a convincing connection between the Saudi government or officials and the hijackers, last September the Biden administration released a 16-page FBI report linking the hijackers to two Saudi nationals who live in the US.

See also  Gaza death toll rises as Israel and Palestinian militants face fire

The Saudi Arabian government has always strongly denied any connection to the 9/11 attacks.

“So at the end of the day we are hurt by his statements on national television and downplaying the whole situation for what it’s worth, we continue to fight and urge any new presidential administration to join us in our pursuit. of justice,” he said.

Earlier this week, 9/11 Justice ran an ad in which he assaulted Mr Trump for holding the golf tournament 50 miles from Ground Zero.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here