RIYADH / AMMAN: The Saudi royal court on Saturday expressed its support for King Abdullah of Jordan, the Kingdom’s Saudi News Agency (SPA) reported.
“The kingdom affirms its full support, with all its capabilities, for all decisions and measures taken by King Abdullah and His Highness Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II, the Crown Prince, to maintain security and stability,” said a statement from the Saudi king. search.
The statement comes after numerous arrests were made last night in Amman. The detainees are said to include former Jordanian royal court chief Bassem Awadallah. Prince Hamza bin Al Hussain, a former crown prince of Jordan, posted a video in which he claims to be under house arrest as well.
Meanwhile, the US State Department said on Saturday that King Abdullah is a “key partner” of the United States and “has our full support” amid reports that his half-brother Prince Hamza has been questioned. – possibly in connection with an alleged plot to destabilize the country.
In an email, State Department spokesman Ned Price said: “We are monitoring the news closely and are in contact with Jordanian officials. King Abdullah is a key partner of the United States, and he has our full support. “
The Jordanian military said on Saturday that Hamza bin Hussein, former crown prince, had been called on to end actions used to target “security and stability” in the country.
People familiar with the case told Reuters it could have been linked to a plot to destabilize the country.
Arab states and organizations have also expressed their solidarity with the King of Jordan.
• Egypt has expressed support for Jordan’s King Abdullah and his efforts “to maintain the security and stability of the kingdom against any attempt to undermine it,” the Egyptian presidency spokesman wrote on Facebook.
• Bahrain State News Agency BNA reported: “His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa has affirmed his full support for the decisions and measures taken by HM King Abdulla II Ibn Al Hussein of Jordan to maintain the security and stability of his country and to defuse all attempts at rupture. “
• The Secretary General of the Gulf Cooperation Council Nayef Falah Mubarak al-Hajraf, in a statement, “affirmed the full support of the Cooperation Council for all decisions and measures taken by His Majesty King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein, for preserve the security and stability of the brothers. Jordan, wishing fraternal Jordan continued security and stability under the leadership of His Majesty King Abdullah II and His Highness the faithful Crown Prince.
• Lebanon: “The security and safety of Jordan is a fundamental basis for the safety and security of the Arab world,” Lebanese Prime Minister designate Saad al-Hariri said on Twitter. “Full solidarity with the Jordanian leaders and King Abdullah to defend the achievements of the Jordanian people, protect their stability and refuse any interference in their affairs.”
• The Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry expressed “its support for all measures taken by Jordan’s King Abdullah and his Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II, to maintain the security and stability of the kingdom”, adding that “the security and the stability of the kingdom are that of Kuwait. “
• Iraq: “The Iraqi government affirms that it supports the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, under the leadership of His Majesty King Abdullah II, in all measures taken to preserve the security and stability of the country and take care of the interests of the brother . the Jordanian people, in a way that strengthens their presence, relying on measures that aim to extend respect for the state, ”the foreign ministry said in a statement.
• Qatar State News Agency QNA reported: “Qatar has expressed its full solidarity with the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and its full support for the decisions and actions taken by His Majesty King Abdullah to preserve security, stability and stimulate the process of progress and prosperity in the country.
Qatar affirmed that the security and stability of Jordan are an integral part of its security and stability, and stressed that the strategic relations developed between the two brotherly countries will remain an honest and firm guard against any attempt to undermine security. and stability in the country. two countries and region. “
• The internationally recognized government of Yemen “affirms its absolute support and full position with all measures aimed at preserving the security of Jordan,” the official Saba news agency reported.
“Yemen affirms its absolute support and fully subscribes to all the decisions and measures taken by His Majesty King Abdullah aimed at maintaining security and putting an end to any attempt to destabilize the brother kingdom of Jordan,” he added. .
• Palestine: “Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has declared that we support the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the king, the government and the people,” the official Palestinian news agency WAFA said in a statement.
“We support the decisions taken by King Abdullah II to preserve Jordan’s security and ensure its stability and unity.”
“We support the measures taken by King Abdullah to maintain Jordanian national security, stressing that the security and stability of Jordan is a supreme Palestinian interest,” he added.
• Arab League: “The secretary general of the Arab League has expressed his full solidarity with the measures taken by the Jordanian leadership to maintain the security of the kingdom and maintain stability,” the Arab League said in a statement on its Facebook page, quoting Ahmed Aboul Gheit.
“He also underlined his confidence in the wisdom of the leadership and his willingness to ensure the stability of the country alongside respect for the constitution and the law.”
“Ahmed Aboul Gheit added that King Abdullah II has a high and appreciated position, whether among the Jordanian people or at the Arab level in general, and that everyone knows his sincerity and his great role in the service of Arab causes”, he added.
• United Arab Emirates: “The UAE affirms its full support for the brotherly Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The UAE affirms that it adheres to and fully supports all decisions and actions taken by King Abdullah II and his Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II to maintain the security and stability of Jordan, and to defuse any attempts to influence them. , State news agency WAM reported. “The UAE affirms that Jordan’s security and stability are integral to its security.”
• Oman: Oman affirms its full position alongside Jordan and supports what guarantees its security, sovereignty and stability
– With wire reports