As the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 saw Delhi Capitals (DC) overseas rookies Ravichandran Ashwin and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) – Kane Richardson and Adam Zampa withdraw from the tournament amid COVID fears- 19, the Cricket Control Board of India (BCCI) presents Sourav Ganguly said the cash-rich tournament will go ahead as planned.
“So far it’s going as planned,” Ganguly said Sports star Monday.
Earlier, Andrew Tye of Rajasthan Royals (RR) – who had also withdrawn from the league had said he feared being kicked out of his own country.
According to sources in England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Cricket Australia (CA) they have no plans to recall players but will do their best to facilitate the return of players who wish to return home.
“Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers’ Association remain in regular contact with Australian players, coaches and commentators participating in the Indian Premier League, which is held under strict biosecurity protocols,” they said. “We will continue to listen. To comments from those on the ground in India and to advice from the Australian government. Our thoughts are with the Indian people at this difficult time.”
Some franchise officials have also added that they will do their utmost if a player wishes to retire during these difficult times. Sports star reported.
“At the moment there is no communication to cancel the tournament so we are planning everything to keep the players motivated and safe. If a player wants to retire for family / personal reasons we will do our best to help him, “said an official.
After the stage in Mumbai and Chennai, the caravan format of the tournament will now move to Delhi and Ahmedabad.