Inventory at Walmart (NYSE: WMT), the world’s largest retailer operating discount stores, supercenters, neighborhood markets and Sam’s Club warehouses, has risen nearly 3% in the past five trading days ( a week) and is currently around $ 135. The company had a strong Q4 with same-store sales in the United States up 8.6%, bringing total revenue to $ 152 billion. This compares to a 7.3% growth over last year’s revenue and is also 3% higher than the market estimate of $ 148.3 billion. The big-box retailer also announced plans to invest $ 14 billion for the current year, including spending on its supply chain, automation and salaries. It should be noted that the larger S & P500 has seen marginal growth over the past five days. Now, is the WMT stock about to grow further? We believe the company remains fundamentally undervalued at around 25x the consensus FY2022 earnings and that there may be room for more earnings in the stock. Specifically, there is a 58% chance that Walmart shares will rise in the next month (twenty-one trading days) based on our machine learning analysis of stock price trends over the course of the next month. the last ten years. See our analysis on Walmart Stock Market Chances for more details.
Five days: WMT 3.2%, vs S & P500 0.9%; Outperformed market (8% probability event)
- Walmart Stock increased by 3.2% over a five-day trading period ending 03/29/2021, compared to a wider market (S & P500) rise of 0.9%
- A change of 3.2% or more over five trading days is an 8% probability event, which has occurred 209 out of 2,516 times in the past ten years.
Ten days: WMT 2.4%, vs S & P500 0.2%; Outperformed market (17% probability event)
- Walmart Stock increased by 2.4% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the larger market (S & P500) rise of 0.2%
- A change of 2.4% or more over ten trading days is a 17% probability event, which has occurred 419 out of 2,500 times in the past ten years.
Twenty-one days: WMT 5.2%, vs. S & P500 4.3%; Outperformed market (19% probability event)
- Walmart Stock increased by 5.2% the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to the larger market (S & P500) rise of 4.3%
- A change of 5.2% or more in twenty-one trading days is a 19% probability event, which has occurred 462 out of 2,458 times in the past ten years.
E-commerce is eating away at retail sales, but it could be an investment opportunity. Check out our ecommerce stocks theme for a diverse list of companies that stand to benefit from the big change.
See everything Trefis price estimates and Download Trefis data here
What is behind Trefis? Find out how it fuels a new collaboration and why Financial directors and finance teams | Product, R&D and marketing teams