13.8 C
London
Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Liverpool raised issue after agent launched £ 6million transfer plan to Anfield

Must read

UK Time Newshttps://www.uktimenews.com
UK Time News is your daily dose of Latest News, Entertainment, Music, Fashion, Lifestyle, World, Cricket, Sports, Politics, Tech, Business News Website. We provide you with the Latest Breaking News Straight from the UK & all around the World on different categories.

Liverpool have decided not to accept Samuel Umtiti’s agent offer to sign the Barcelona defender this summer, according to a report.

The Reds are on the hunt for a new center-back signing after a scorching spell of injury. As Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip are set to return, Liverpool uncovered the team’s four best options argument in the most brutal way. Indeed, they learned an unlikely lesson by not replacing Dejan Lovren last summer.

As such, several names are said to have entered the fray as targets for Jurgen Klopp’s side this summer.

READ  Chelsea star set to thrive at Man Utd, but tactical issue remains

However, the RB Leipzig Ibrahima Konate seems to be most likely at this point to move to Anfield.

READ  Watch: Rahul Tewatia's Hilarious Proposal of the Rajasthan Royals to a 'Water Bottle'

Nevertheless, as Anfield Central reports, potential new signatures emerge as the window approaches.

French Barca defender Umtiti’s agent has reportedly offered Liverpool the opportunity to sign his client.

Umtiti was once one of Europe’s most revered defenders and a regular French international. However, a poor record with injuries caused him to lose both titles.

In fact, he has sustained 12 injuries since arriving in the Spanish capital of Lyon in 2016.

As such, Anfield Central reports that he is likely to spend this summer, with his rep touring Europe for his next club. He will have two years of contract left at the end of the season, but he has only made 12 La Liga appearances this term.

READ  Neymar admits 'we fought' after finally signing new contract with PSG

Liverpool will duly miss the opportunity to sign the 27-year-old for as little as £ 6million.

The Reds chiefs are well aware of his injury record and don’t want to take any chances with his signing. Moreover, his weekly salary of £ 208,000 is said to go against Liverpool’s current financial structure.

READ  Sania Mirza's Message for Shoaib Malik on Her Wedding Anniversary is an Absolute Winner | Tennis News

Meanwhile, Umtiti’s agent reportedly offered the player to Manchester United, Manchester City, Juventus, Lyon and Lille.

READ  Cavani decision upheld as reports lift the lid on Man Utd exit and next club

The terrible period of Umtiti with injury

The defender has had several spells on the sidelines, some longer than others.

Indeed, he missed 19 games between November 2018 and February 2019 due to a knee injury.

After that, he was released between September and December of last year with another such problem.

Anfield Central adds that United and City are unlikely to sign Umtiti and will look elsewhere.

READ MORE: Defender’s target takes Liverpool move in hand, as plans accelerate

.

More articles

15,129FansLike
4,596FollowersFollow

Latest article