MAFS, Simon Blackburn: Producers edited the misogynist “like he’s never been there”

0
37

The producers of Married At First Sight moved quickly to remove all traces of Simon Blackburn from the upcoming season after discovering his twisted TikTok videos calling names on women and calling gay men “filth.”

They took unprecedented steps to make it look like he had never been there – despite the fact that Blackburn, a FIFO employee and divorced father of two, had previously filmed his wedding and honeymoon at the when it was launched.

“They pressed the nuclear button,” a source told Daily Mail Australia on Thursday. “They cleaned it up completely, even if it meant wasting tens of thousands of dollars in footage.”

The insider also revealed that Blackburn’s on-screen wife Jessica Seracino was taken to another hotel after being banned from the show and teaming up with another groom.

The producers of Married At First Sight have moved quickly to remove all traces of Simon Blackburn (pictured) from the upcoming season after discovering his twisted TikTok videos cursing women and calling gay men “filth”

Ms Seracino, 27, alerted producers to Blackburn’s shocking rants, after asking friends to “research” him after spotting several “red flags” at their wedding ceremony.

A quick Google search revealed his history of hateful videos and tweets, and he was “immediately” asked to leave.

The producers assured Ms Seracino that they had no knowledge of Blackburn’s past when they brought her on the show and promised to find her a new groom.

After Blackburn was banned from the show, Ms Seracino got a second chance to love when she was paired with bodybuilder Daniel Holmes (pictured)

After Blackburn was banned from the show, Ms Seracino got a second chance to love when she was paired with bodybuilder Daniel Holmes (pictured)

They told Ms Seracino that her marriage to Blackburn would not be shown on television and instead would be portrayed as an intruder alongside her surrogate “husband.”

She is believed to have spent about “four weeks in hotel isolation” waiting for producers to find her a last-minute replacement groom.

Ms. Seracino then got a second chance at love when she was finally paired with bodybuilder Daniel Holmes.

The couple were seen arriving for their first dinner in Sydney on October 18.

Seracino and Holmes were seen arriving for their first dinner in Sydney on October 18

Daniel Holmes is pictured here

Seracino and Holmes were seen arriving for their first dinner in Sydney on October 18

The producers asked Ms. Seracino to keep her

The producers have asked Ms Seracino to keep her “marriage” to Blackburn a secret and not tell anyone she has been paired twice.

The producers asked Ms Seracino to keep her “marriage” to Blackburn a secret and not tell anyone she was paired twice.

However, her absence from the first two dinners was noticed by the other brides who had already met her on hen night.

“They were just trying to pretend the first wedding never happened,” a source said.

Blackburn will be “edited like he’s never been there,” production insiders have told Daily Mail Australia, which includes cutting him off from the buck party.

Mr Holmes' now-private Instagram mostly features gym selfies, but he says fitness is just one of his many interests

Mr Holmes’ now-private Instagram mostly features gym selfies, but he says fitness is just one of his many interests

Meanwhile, his replacement is expected to be one of the stars.

Mr. Holmes’ now-private Instagram mostly features gym selfies, but he says fitness is just one of his many interests.

“Helping others achieve their fitness goals is a much bigger part of investing my time and energy, the remaining time is spent on my other passions,” he writes on social media.

Daily Mail Australia exclusively revealed on Wednesday that it was Ms Seracino who first alerted producers to the vile Blackburn videos after noticing

Daily Mail Australia exclusively revealed on Wednesday that it was Ms Seracino who first alerted producers to Blackburn’s vile videos after noticing “red flags” about her within 24 hours of the wedding.

Daily Mail Australia exclusively revealed on Wednesday that it was Ms Seracino who first alerted producers to Blackburn’s vile videos after noticing “red flags” about her within 24 hours of the wedding.

The story came to light after Blackburn was accidentally featured in a non-TV MAFS trailer. A spokesperson for Nine later confirmed that he was removed from the program after the network was made aware of his behavior.

“When unacceptable social media content was discovered regarding Simon Blackburn, we immediately took steps to remove him from the program,” they said.

“We will not be making any further comments.”

Shocking: A shameful video from TikTok showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he had previously dated.  He claimed that she

Shocking: A shameful video from TikTok showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he had previously dated. He claimed she would “stay on YouTube all day” instead of earning money and called her the C word repeatedly

A shameful video from TikTok showed Blackburn making misogynistic comments about a woman he had previously dated.

He claimed she would “stay on YouTube all day” instead of making any money and called her the C word on several occasions.

See also  Top Gear presenters "let the UKTN run free" while filming in Iceland

Another video saw him discussing how he paired up with a woman on the dating app Hinge, who then texted him to tell her she didn’t think she was his type .

He then bragged about not dating women “over 60 kilos”.

Endemol Shine Australia's decision to remove Blackburn set the series back by tens of thousands of dollars, after producers were forced to cut all of its scenes

Endemol Shine Australia’s decision to remove Blackburn set the series back by tens of thousands of dollars, after producers were forced to cut all of its scenes

Endemol Shine Australia’s decision to cut Blackburn would have set back production by tens of thousands of dollars.

“There were the wedding costs, the food, the rental cars, the security, as well as all the production expenses – all of it was wasted,” a source said.

Blackburn did not respond to Daily Mail Australia’s request for comment, but appeared to address her exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing a post on her private Instagram profile captioned: “Leave the past in the past.”

He also asked people to stop messaging him about the videos because he is suffering from Covid-19.

He said: “To clarify, I haven’t posted on TikTok for six months and all of the videos of me are reposts or screenshots of lives from last year! Not my thoughts or my state of mind. current spirit!

“No further comments will be given! I have the Covid, let me rest! ‘

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Nine for further comment.

Response: Blackburn did not respond to our request for comment, but appeared to address her exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing this post on her private Instagram profile.  The father of two has also asked people to stop messaging him on the videos because he has Covid-19

Response: Blackburn did not respond to our request for comment, but appeared to address her exit from the show on Tuesday by sharing this post on her private Instagram profile. The father of two has also asked people to stop messaging him on the videos because he has Covid-19

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here