Launched in 2000, the Maruti Suzuki Alto has been the best-selling car in India for 16 consecutive years, and even today it is featured in the country’s top 10 best-selling cars list every month. Here are some of its main strengths.
Here are some of the highlights of the Maruti Suzuki Alto.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is one of the oldest nicknames from India still on sale in the country. Last year Alto spent 20 years in India, and it’s still one of the best-selling cars in Maruti Suzuki’s team. Launched in 2000, the Maruti Suzuki Alto has been the best-selling car in India for 16 consecutive years, and even today it is featured in the country’s top 10 best-selling cars list every month. In fact, in the first half of 2021, the Alto was the fourth best-selling car in India, with 85,616 units. So here are some of the main highlights of the Maruti Suzuki Alto.
Also read: Maruti Suzuki Alto ends 20 years in India
1. Maruti Suzuki currently only offers the Alto 800 in India, as the K10 is no longer on sale, the company renamed it to simply Alto. Visually, it retains the design and style of the old.
Read also: Maruti Suzuki Alto Sales Cross 40 Lakh Mark
2. Since the Maruti Suzuki Alto is the most affordable car in the company’s lineup, it comes with a modest set of features such as halogen headlamps, hubcaps, bumpers and body-colored MRVOs, and halogen rear lights.
3. The cabin receives a two-tone black and gray interior with silver inserts. The car is fitted with electric front windows, an air conditioning system, central locking and a two-DIN audio system with Bluetooth and Aux-In connectivity in the high-end LXi finish. In terms of safety features – the car is equipped with front airbags, an anti-lock braking system (ABS) and electronic brake force distribution (EBD).
4. Although the car comes with a 2DIN audio system, customers opting for the VX trim can also download the Smartplay Studio app on their phone and pair it with the system to enjoy the infotainment system experience at home. touch screen via your phone. The VXI + trim gets a 7-inch touchscreen instead.
5. The Alto is powered by a 796cc three cylinder engine tuned to produce 47 hp and 69 Nm of torque. The CNG variant develops 40 hp and 60 Nm of torque in CNG mode. The car comes standard with a 5-speed manual transmission. The petrol version offers a fuel economy of 22.05 kmpl and the CNG version offers 31.59 km / kg.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow UKTN.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.