The 2021 Masters began at Augusta National, just five months after Dustin Johnson won his first green jacket in the previous renewal last November.
The first major championship of the year did not have quite the same frenzied pace but remains eagerly awaited. And anything can happen …
When is it?
The Masters kicked off on Thursday April 8 and will run over four rounds until Sunday when a winner will be presented with the coveted Green Jacket.
At what time will the action start?
Last year’s start times were slightly different due to daylight hours in November, but we’re back to a more familiar schedule this year.
The first and second tours start at 1 p.m. UK time. Full TV coverage won’t start until much later, although featured group coverage is available via the red button. The final groups will start at 7:00 p.m. so the victory will end around 11:30 p.m. UK time. It should be an hour or two earlier on Sunday.
What are the departures of the second round?
USA unless otherwise noted, all time BST, (x) denotes amateurs
- 1:00 p.m. V Singh (Fiji), M Laird (Sco)
- 13:12 L Mize, J Walker, B Gay
- 13:24 C Ortiz (Mex), M Hughes (Can), B Wiesberger (Aut)
- 13:36 M Weir (Can), CT Pan (Tai), R MacIntyre (Sco)
- 13:48 JM Olazabal (Esp), M Wallace (Eng), L Griffin
- 2:00 p.m. V Perez (Fra), J Kokrak, M Leishman (Aus)
- 14:12 Couples F, F Molinari (Ita), (x) C Osborne
- 14:24 Z Johnson, K Na, G Woodland
- 14:36 S Lowry (Irl), J Rose (Eng), M Kuchar
- 14:48 B Horschel, T Hatton (Eng), R Palmer
- 15:06 P Mickelson, T Fleetwood (English), S Scheffler
- 15:18 P Cantlay, Sungjae Im (Kor), M Fitzpatrick (Eng)
- 3:30 p.m. A Scott (Aus), B DeChambeau, M Homa
- 15:42 T Finau, L Oosthuizen (Rsa), J Thomas
- 15:54 J Spieth, C Smith (Aus), C Morikawa
- 16:06 M Thompson, H sword
- 16:18 S Lyle (Sco), M Jones (Aus), D Frittelli (Rsa)
- 4:30 p.m. I Woosnam (Wal), J Herman, S Cink
- 16:42 S Munoz (Col), H Stenson (Swe), R Streb
- 16:54 B Langer (Ger), W Zalatoris, (x) J Long (Eng)
- 17:12 B Harman, I Poulter (Eng), B Todd
- 17:24 C Schwartzel (Rsa), Si Woo Kim (Kor), C Conners (Can)
- 17:36 D Willett (Eng), J Niemann (Chl), K Kisner
- 17:48 J Day (Aus), M Wolff, C Champ
- 6:00 p.m. H Matsuyama (Jpn), H English, A Ancer (Mex)
- 18:12 B Watson, B Koepka, V Hovland (Nor)
- 18:24 S Garcia (Esp), W Simpson, C Bezuidenhout (Rsa)
- 18:36 D Johnson, L Westwood (Eng), (x) T Strafaci
- 18:48 X ScHotele, J Rahm (Esp), R McIlroy (NIrl)
- 7:00 p.m. P Reed, D Berger, P Casey (Eng)
What TV channel is it on?
Sky Sports has exclusive live coverage on its dedicated Masters channel. Global broadcast restrictions mean full live coverage will begin from 7:30 p.m. the first two days, 8:00 p.m. Saturday, and 7:00 p.m. Sunday.
Coverage of featured groups and holes – 11, 12 and 13 as well as 15 and 16 – will begin via the red button from 2 p.m. in the first two days. There will also be live coverage of the 4th, 5th and 6th.
You can also come back to our golf page to follow your favorite players with our live blog.
What are the latest odds?
Dustin Johnson 9/1
The defending champion and the world No. 1. No player has managed to defend the Masters since Tiger Woods in 2002. Was in sensational form late last year, but other than a top 10 at the Genesis Invitational, there wasn’t much to say in 2021.
Bryson DeChambeau 10/1
The heavy hitter didn’t reduce Augusta to a “par 67” like he predicted last year, but he is the defending US Open champion and won the Arnold Palmer Invitational in a difficult Bay Hill last month. A quieter build this week could be an advantage.
Jordan Spieth 1/12
Augusta specialist, winning the Masters in 2015, and now back in the winner’s circle for the first time since 2017 after winning the Valero Texas Open. How much will it take from him? Part of his iron game has been impressive, but the strange destructive impulse still lurks.
Jon Rahm 12/1
The Spaniard is a great champion in waiting and has no real weaknesses. Could be the recipient of the much-loved ‘diaper factor’ after his wife Kelley gives birth to a baby boy. Danny Willett won the Masters in 2016 just days after giving birth to his wife.
Justin Thomas 12/1
The players’ champion and his massive iron shots and right-to-left form are tailor-made for Augusta. His Masters record reads: T-30, T-22, T-17, T-12 and fourth. Things are going in the right direction.