Questions swirl after an altercation captured on video during Bishop Lamor Miller-Whitehead’s sermon on Sunday


NEW YORK — A confrontation during a Sunday sermon in Brooklyn put two people behind bars, including a bishop who claims he was protecting his family.

UKTN’s Jenna DeAngelis spoke to both involved and has the video of Canarsie.

During a live streamed Sunday service at Leaders of Tomorrow International Ministries, Bishop Lamor Miller-Whitehead appeared to be disturbed.

The bishop says it all started when two women entered the church halfway through the sermon.

“One of my ministers told them you can’t record, and they started making a scene, so I said to them ‘let them record, let them record’. They started recording and they started to explode,” he said. whitehead.

Police say when a woman was asked to stop recording and leave, she began antagonizing the bishop and approached him onstage. As she walked past Bishop Whitehead, he seems to grab her from behind, and they move off the camera.

See also  Congress should try to stop China, not undermine US tech innovators

“You see her walking in front of me, after my wife and daughter, and I grabbed her,” Whitehead said.

He says he was worried about his family and remembers the moment in July when he… robbed at gunpoint during a live streamed sermon.

“That’s all I can remember. This lady had a bag under her arm and she went after my wife, and I grabbed her and I took her out and pushed her out,” he said.

The woman in the video, Tarsha Howard, 47, was arrested and charged with trespassing and disrupting a religious service. She showed DeAngelis her injury and made a brief statement.

See also  Maggie Haberman Shares Book Notes After Trump Calls Her A Liar - Live

“I am telling you now that I did not press charges against his wife. It is on video and everyone can see that I was the one who was attacked, and after this statement he will hear from my lawyer,” she told DeAngelis.

The bishop was also taken into custody, but released shortly afterwards. Now he is criticizing the way the NYPD is handling the incident.

“I was treated like a criminal. I went from the pulpit to the cell for no reason. The New York police deserted me and failed at my church,” Whitehead said.

The NYPD said that due to crowd control, both the Bishop and Howard were taken to the 69th district for further investigation.

See also  NFLPA Begins Review of Tua Tagovailoa's Injury Treatment

Whitehead wants the NYPD to take action so that there are no counterfeit crimes.

Whitehead, this was all on purpose and thinks two bloggers sent the women to him for influence. Both men, religious commentators, spoke to DeAngelis by phone. One said he didn’t know the women before that. The other says the women have been guests on his show, but that he doesn’t know them personally and that he had nothing to do with this incident.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here