The Skoda Octavia has always been a strong contender in the executive sedan segment and will currently compete with the Hyundai Elantra in our market.
The new Skoda Octavia comes in two variants – Style and Laurin & Klement.
The new generation of Skoda Octavia finally went on sale in India and was released in two variants: Style and Laurin & Klement. The base style variant is priced at 25.99 lakh while the high end L&K variant is priced at ₹ 28.99 lakh, all prices excluding showroom. The Skoda Octavia has always been a strong contender in the executive sedan segment and will currently compete with the Hyundai Elantra in our market as all other models like the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla Altis have been discontinued. Here’s everything you need to know about the new Skoda Octavia.
Read also: The 2021 Skoda Octavia is launched in India. Prices and details here.
- The next-gen model is a step up from the outgoing model, but it’s still easily identifiable as the Octavia, again thanks to its streamlined silhouette. The front and rear have changed with the new protruding Skoda grille flanked by sleeker LED headlights and at the bottom, a reworked bumper.
- The hood also looks more chiseled now and there is a set of new 17-inch alloy wheels called Pulsar Black in Skoda parlance. The rear also looks sharper with sleeker wrap-around taillights and angular character lines, and of course there’s the new wide Skoda lettering seen on all new models from the Czech automaker.
- The new Octavia is 20mm longer and 19mm wider, while the height remains unchanged. The wheelbase is 2,680mm, 2mm shorter than the outgoing model.
- It’s the cabin of the Skoda Octavia 2021 that looks newer and premium to look at compared to its predecessor and more than the design, it’s the finesse and quality of materials that add to its appeal. The two-tone black and beige color theme continues to dominate the interior, and the seats are draped in suede leather. Skoda also used wood inlays, suede leather and brushed chrome very little and tastefully in the cabin.
- Like other automakers, the stand-alone touchscreen infotainment system has also caught Skoda’s attention and it takes center stage on the Octavia. The instrument panel is also all new and the air conditioning vents on the center console have lowered with switch buttons placed at the top and there is the new touch bar to control the volume levels of the stereo.
- Then it also receives a new leather-wrapped two-spoke steering wheel. One of the biggest assets of this notchback has been its trunk volume measuring 600 liters with all seats up and can be extended to a cavernous 1,555 liters by folding down the second row seats.
- As before, the new Skoda Octavia is chock full of the latest and segment standard creature comfort you would expect in this segment. For starters, the new 10 inch touchscreen infotainment system we talked about earlier supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, there is a
- The premium L&K Virtual Cockpit system and trim feature wireless charging and a 600-watt 12-speaker Canton audio system. Other features include dual-zone air conditioning with rear air vents, power adjustable driver’s seat, Type-C charging front and rear, and in the rearview mirror to install a dash camera. That said, it lacks a few features like a sunroof or ventilated seats that buyers in this segment would prefer.
- The 2021 Skoda Octavia is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder TSI turbocharged petrol engine developing 188 hp between 4,180 rpm and 6,000 rpm and maximum torque of 320 Nm between 1,500 rpm and 3,990 rpm min. The engine is fitted as standard with the 7-speed DSG automatic transmission and enables three-digit speeds to be registered in 6.9 seconds, while the fuel economy claimed by the ARAI is 15.81 kmpl.
- As for the safety department, there are a total of eight airbags in the new Skoda Octavia and other features include multi-collision brake, fatigue alert and electronic aids including ABS, ESC, EBD , ASR and Electronic Differential Lock (EDS) standard. Features like adaptive lights, handy Park Assist and TPMS are also specific to the L&K trim.
- Skoda has also added the “MySkoda Connect” application which provides geolocation, driving behavior, route analysis, and more. It will put you in touch with emergency services or roadside assistance if the car detects an accident.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow UKTN.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.