7.7 C
London
Saturday, May 8, 2021

South Africa wants to participate in the 2027 Cricket World Cup | Cricket News

Must read

UK Time Newshttps://www.uktimenews.com
UK Time News is your daily dose of Latest News, Entertainment, Music, Fashion, Lifestyle, World, Cricket, Sports, Politics, Tech, Business News Website. We provide you with the Latest Breaking News Straight from the UK & all around the World on different categories.

Cricket South Africa will apply for the 2027 ICC Cricket World Cup.© Cricket South Africa / Twitter



Cricket South Africa will submit its bid to host the 2027 Men’s Cricket World Cup, interim president Rihan Richards said on Friday. Richards made the announcement at a press conference where details of a new governance model for the ASC were revealed after months of wrangling. He said an agreement on the composition of a new board, with a majority of independent directors, would allow the CSA to focus firmly on cricket issues.

READ  Preview RR vs KKR, Indian Premier League 2021: Desperate Kolkata Knight riders hope to get campaign back on track against Royals of Rajasthan | Cricket News
READ  PBKS vs SRH, Indian Premier League: SunRisers Hyderabad cruise takes first win of season after Punjab Kings batting collapse | Cricket News

Richards said South Africa will participate in a bidding process for International Cricket Council events over a new eight-year cycle. The auctions are expected to open in the coming months.

“We will be competing in the Men’s and Women’s World Cups, an Under-19 World Cup and a T20 World Cup,” said Richards.

“But we will be focusing on the 2027 Men’s World Cup. We think this is an ideal opportunity as it will be 24 years since we last hosted it.”

READ  Ravindra Jadeja's wish for "Peace N Love" for the fifth wedding anniversary. See Pic | Cricket News

South Africa hosted the 2003 Men’s World Cup and 2005 Women’s World Cup as well as the inaugural 2007 World T20 and the 2009 Champions Trophy. It also hosted two Under-19 tournaments.

Sports Minister Nathi Mthethwa announced earlier that he would no longer withdraw government recognition from the CSA, which he threatened last week after the members’ council, led by Richards, failed to reach an agreement with a interim advice on a governance structure.

Mthethwa attended Friday’s conference and said he would step down now after a process he said was “between life and death in cricket”.

READ  Sanju Samson lights up Twitter with a glittering century against the kings of Punjab | Cricket News
READ  PBKS vs SRH, Indian Premier League: KL Rahul breaks Virat Kohli's record and becomes fastest Indian batsman to reach 5,000 T20 races | Cricket News

Promoted

Acting board chairman Stavros Nicolaou said a June 12 target date has been set for an annual general meeting – postponed from last October – to which a 15-member board would be installed, with eight independent directors and five appointed by the members. board as well as the CEO and CFO of the CSA.

There will be an independent chair.

Topics mentioned in this article

.

More articles

15,129FansLike
4,596FollowersFollow

Latest article