Steve Bruce’s future hangs in the balance as new Newcastle president heads to St James’ Park | TEAM talk

0
22

UKTN understands Newcastle United fans should get their first glimpse of their new chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan this weekend.

Al-Rumayyan is Newcastle’s new non-executive chairman after the buyout by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund last week.

The £ 300million deal ended Mike Ashley’s 14-year tenure and sees Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund take an 80% stake. The remaining 20% ​​is held by PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.

However, since the takeover Al-Rumayyan, 51, who heads the Public Investment Fund, has not been seen in England.

See also  Hamilton, Verstappen crash for Italian post-GP investigation

Now we understand the plan is for him to arrive in the country before the weekend before being present at their clash with Tottenham.

PIF’s takeover of Mile Ashley was greeted with huge celebrations in the city and Al-Rumayyan’s presence will certainly be greeted with open arms by Geordie devotees.

In fact, St James’ Park’s clash with Spurs is complete.

The club confirmed: “AIn the midst of an extremely exciting week for the club, the last remaining seats – including a limited number of hospitality tickets – sold out on Friday morning.

The new regime has yet to end the tenure of boss Steve Bruce. Bruce, 60, is set to take charge of his 1,000th game against Tottenham this weekend and many expected him to be eliminated earlier this week.

See also  Forgotten Liverpool star considers 'another blow' in major Klopp reshuffle

Bad time, bad place: Salah, Vardy and Ronaldo the favorites of this crazy offer


Bruce talks

The former Man Utd defender is hanging on to his job, despite meeting with the new owners on Monday.

Amanda Staveley, the director and minority stakeholder responsible for the day-to-day running of Newcastle, met Bruce earlier this week.

Staveley and her husband, Mehrdad Ghodoussi, were pictured shaking hands and chatting with players including Jamaal Lascelles and Allan Saint-Maximin. They stayed for about 90 minutes and reportedly spoke to Bruce.

The likes of Brendan Rodgers, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Lucien Favre have all been linked with the post this week. Even if Leicester boss Rodgers would have no interest in leaving the ship.

See also  Klopp makes his entry into the Champions League; explains the need for line-up changes

READ MORE: Newcastle owners have Jose Mourinho ally shortlisted for transformative role, Sky Sports insist

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here