The teen’s body lay in a hotel room for a week before authorities were alerted


According to South Carolina officials, a teen’s body was left in a hotel room for a week before anyone was alerted.

The Greenville County Coroner’s Office (GCCO) said the lifeless body of 14-year-old Landon Chance Poston was found Monday in a room at the InTown Suites in Greenville.

According to UKTN affiliate WHNS, the coroner received a call at about 7:30 p.m. about a body that was in a hotel. It was unclear who called the coroner’s office.

After an inquest, the coroner estimated that Poston had died on November 14. The coroner’s office added that Poston’s mother was in the hotel room and was “incoherent”.

See also  Who is Aylar Haghi? Medical student killed during protests in Iran
Stock image of a police car. Poston’s body was found Monday in a South Carolina hotel.

An unnamed relative told the network that Poston’s mother was taken to a nearby intensive care unit, but it was unclear what caused her condition.

The coroner told WHNS it could take eight to 12 weeks to determine Poston’s cause of death.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 5,623 children ages 5 to 14 died in the U.S. in 2020.

The CDC added that the leading cause of death for children between the ages of 10 and 14 was accidents, intentional self-harm and cancer.

See also  World Toilet Summit: Harpic Reiterates Commitment to Collaborate on Open Defecation Free Nigeria

In 2020, the South Carolina Child Well-Being Data Profile for Greenville County listed the death rate for children ages 1 to 14 as 22.7 per 100,000. Greenville County’s infant mortality rankings for those ages were 31 out of 46 in 2020.

A Greenville County Sheriff’s Office (GCSO) incident report obtained by WHNS said Poston’s body showed no obvious signs of bodily harm.

News week has contacted the GCSO and GCCO for comment.

In March, the body of an 18-year-old woman who had been missing for several months was found under a pile of clothes on the same road where she was last seen. Police in Cleveland, Ohio, said a cleaner found Audreona Barnes’s remains on the balcony of an apartment.

See also  Democrats keep control of Senate while red wave doesn't materialize

The remains were then turned over to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Officer, where Barnes was identified.

Barnes was last seen on July 30, 2021. Her mother, Akua Avegno, told WOIO-TV that she dreams of joining the military. It was later learned that Barnes had been shot in the head and left on the balcony in an attempt to hasten decomposition.

Her boyfriend Bennie Washington, 39, was charged with aggravated murder and gross abuse of a corpse.

According to police and court documents, he allegedly shot his girlfriend and left her on the balcony of his apartment for months.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here