Right now, the Kia Sonet is among the best-selling SUVs in the country, and in May 2021, the SUV received a few updates. Here are the top 5 highlights of the 2021 Kia Sonet subcompact SUV.
The 2021 Kia Sonet Now Has New Brand Logo And Several Segment New Features
The Kia Sonet marked the entry of the South Korean manufacturer into the space of SUVs of less than 4 meters. It was first shown at Auto Expo 2020 and then went on sale nationwide around the holiday season, in the same year. It is currently one of the best-selling SUVs in the country, and in May 2021 it took the top spot with sales of 6,627 units. Here are the top 5 highlights of the 2021 Kia Sonet subcompact SUV.
1. The Kia Sonet now has the brand new logo, but the design and styling of the SUV remains unchanged. That said, the updated Sonet is now also equipped with a host of new and revised features.
Also Read: 2021 Kia Sonet and Seltos SUVs Launched in India
2. The refreshed Kia Sonet is now available in 17 variants in total across two trims – the Tech Line and GT-Line options, which are further categorized into several options based on powertrains and transmissions. It includes HTE, HTK, HTK +, HTX, GTX and GTX + versions. The company revised the range by adding two new variants to the popular HTX trim.
3. Kia now offers safety features such as Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Brake Assist (BA) and Hill Assist Control ( HAC) on the lower variants of the Sonet.
To read also: accessorized UKTN: Kia Sonet
4. The Sonet now also benefits from several unique features in the segment, such as the rear door sunblinds on the high-end HTX + and GTX + trims. It is also equipped with segment voice control for the opening and closing function of the sunroof, available on the HTX, HTX +, GTX + versions. The subcompact SUV receives paddle shifters with all automatic variants.
5. The mechanical front end of the 2021 Kia Sonet subcompact SUV remains unchanged. It continues to have three powertrain choices – 1.2 naturally aspirated Smartstreams, 1.0-liter turbocharged T-GDI gasoline, and 1.5-liter diesel.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow UKTN.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.