14.7 C
London
Saturday, May 8, 2021

UKTN links Gauteng serial rape suspect to nearly 100 cases, some dating back to 2012

Must read

UK Time Newshttps://www.uktimenews.com
UK Time News is your daily dose of Latest News, Entertainment, Music, Fashion, Lifestyle, World, Cricket, Sports, Politics, Tech, Business News Website. We provide you with the Latest Breaking News Straight from the UK & all around the World on different categories.

Through UKTN reporter 8h ago

Share this article:

POLICE have confirmed UKTN tests have linked a man in custody to at least 100 rape cases, some dating back to 2012.

SAPS national spokesperson Brigadier Vish Naidoo said the man was already linked to around 60 cases of rape in Gauteng’s central Ekurhuleni district.

READ  VIDEOS, PHOTOS: Two missing, farm workers evacuated as storm continues to hit Western Cape

“Following his arrest, a UKTN report established a link between the suspect in custody and these rape cases which were reported as early as 2012 in various police stations, including the Batho, Crystal Park, Daveyton, Etwatwa and Putfontein, ”Naidoo said.

READ  Worries About Common Side Effects Shouldn't Scare People Wishing To Get COVID-19 Vaccine, Doctor Says | UKTN News

He said the man was arrested on March 17 of this year and that since his arrest several victims have provided additional information to aid the team’s investigations.

He said that while the team is still working hard to analyze the suspect’s modus operandi through the investigative psychology section, the possibility of linking this suspect to additional cases cannot be ruled out at this point.

“With the inclusion of the modus operandi analysis, the suspect could potentially be linked to around 40 other cases, bringing the total number of cases to almost 100 against this alleged sex offender,” Naidoo said. .

READ  Australia cancels Chinese belt and highway agreements in "national interest"

He said the man was scheduled to appear in absentia tomorrow at Daveyton Magistrates’ Court. Naidoo said the suspect was shot while trying to escape arrest and remained in hospital under police custody.

READ  War neurosis: Soldiers and families face mental health challenges - study

SAPS National Commissioner General Khehla John Sitole praised the unremitting efforts of the collaboration and cooperation of a multidisciplinary working team.

The multidisciplinary task force made up of various components within SAPS led by Gauteng’s Domestic Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offenses (FCS) Investigative Detectives also included the National Investigative Psychology Section. (IPS) and the Biology Section of the National Forensic Sciences Laboratory (FSL), and Victim Identification Center (VIC). This team was created in April 2018 and also included the assistance of external actors.

READ  Manitoba teachers will be able to get vaccinated in North Dakota, says Premier | UKTN News

Since then, the team in charge of investigating and apprehending the suspect who was allegedly responsible for a wave of rapes in the area, has worked hard to locate and track the suspect’s movements.

UKTN

More articles

15,129FansLike
4,596FollowersFollow

Latest article