After 18 weeks of action, the field is finally set for this year’s NFL playoffs. With the action set to begin on Saturday, MyBookie odds manager David Strauss advises locking in your Super Bowl alarm clocks before the first Wild Card game kicks off.
The reason? Super Bowl lines will change drastically from week to week. So if you have a good idea of a team, jump on it before their odds change.
Which team between the Packers and Chiefs deserves the longest look to win Super Bowl 56?
According to Strauss, the Packers (+330) are a much better game than the Kansas City Chiefs (+390). The Chiefs lost to the other four division winners.
Tennessee beat Mahomes and pals 27-3. The Bengals beat Kansas City 33-31 and the Bills beat KC 38-20. Kansas City is expected to beat the Steelers on Sunday. But after that, things obviously get more difficult.
Green Bay is the class of the NFC. Not only that, but the road to the Super Bowl will likely go through Lambeau, which means Green Bay has home-court advantage. That’s something Kansas City doesn’t have.
Which teams under +1000 besides GB and KC have the best chance of winning the Super Bowl?
Every team under +1000 can win the Super Bowl. One couple stands out, however.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+710) are healthy on defense and offense. With the exception of the absence of Chris Godwin, most of Brady’s targets are ready to roll. For the first time since Week 1, all of Tampa’s high school will begin. Plus, TB is playing in Philadelphia this weekend, which means the Bucs have the easiest path to the divisional playoffs.
The other team to consider supporting is the Tennessee Titans (+730), Derrick Henry will be healthy enough to play in the Divisional Round. The Titans have home court throughout the playoffs and the defense has become one of the best units in the league.
Buffalo (+690) can win the Super Bowl. But the Bills take on their New England rival in their wild card game. This contest could go both ways. If the Bills beat New England, they may have to travel in the divisional round.
Which team among the Cowboys, Bengals, 49ers, Cardinals and Patriots has the best chance of winning the Lombardi Trophy?
All five teams have the talent to win Super Bowl 56. Dallas (+1070) has one of the best offenses in the league and a defensive line of dynamite.
The Patriots (+1925) have the pedigree, a smart quarterback, a good rushing offense and, as always, a solid defense. All four of these teams can win the Super Bowl, but the team this bettor has his eye on is the San Francisco 49ers (+2100).
Deebo Samuel is perhaps the most unique player in the league. The running back and wide receiver combo can do it all. He is impossible to cover even if you put a few defensive backs on him.
Jimmy Garoppolo seems to have overcome the thumb problem and the defense is finally healthy. Plus, SF made it to the 2020 Super Bowl. So the 49ers have experience.
Which underdog among the Raiders, Eagles and Steelers is the best Super Bowl game?
It’s hard to back the Eagles (+5400) as they got lucky in the playoffs. 5 of Philly’s last 6 wins have come against bad teams, the Giants and Washington twice, and the Jets once.
The Raiders (+4400) shouldn’t be good enough to beat the Chiefs, Bills or Titans. But don’t be surprised if Las Vegas surprises Cincinnati (+1700) on Saturday.
So, we end up with the Steelers. Could the 7-seeded (+6400) Pittsburgh upset the Chiefs on Sunday, then defeat the Titans in the divisional round?
Don’t sleep on it! First of all, TJ Watt, who has sacked 22.5 this season, is finally one hundred percent healthy. Second, no one will surpass coach Mike Tomlin. Third, Najee Harris has become an excellent running back in the NFL.
And finally, Big Ben and his teammates are motivated. The Steelers may have more heart than any team in the NFL playoffs. If you want to try your luck against a huge underdog, go for Pittsburgh.
No matter which teams you decide to bet on, consider the following.
1. Defense Wins ChampionshipsIf you’re in a hurry and can’t decide who to take, choose the team with the best defense. The saying goes that defense wins championships, and over the past few seasons that has proven true. Watch last year’s Super Bowl. Tampa Bay had a stellar defense that was able to stop Patrick Mahomes and the powerful Kansas City Chiefs offense.
2. Make money with live bettingWith only 1 game playing at a time, it’s much easier to fully focus on that particular game. You can take a look at some of the prop bets, you can literally play the game with the team.
3. If you are confident……Parlays can make you a lot of money. With six Wild Card round games, you have the option of grouping three or four games together, and if you nail them all, betting just a little money upfront can net you a boatload on the backend.
4. Consider the weatherThe weather can play a huge role in the outcome of a match. Depending on the teams, the weather can be useful or harmful. Weather can also play an important role in point totals. If you expect windy and wet conditions, hurry to bet before the rest of the public notices and the lines change.
Super Bowl betting odds to win via MyBookie.ag
• Green Bay Packers +330
• Kansas City Chiefs +390
• Buffalo Bills + 690
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers +710
• Tennessee Titans +730
• Los Angeles Rams +870
• Dallas Cowboys +1,070
• Cincinnati Bengals +1,700
• New England Patriots +1,925
• San Francisco 49ers +2,100
• Arizona Cardinals +2,100
• Las Vegas Raiders +4,400
• Philadelphia Eagles +5,400
• Pittsburgh Steelers +6,400